Kredin,The Events Engineer

We're engineers, we work with efficiency, creativity and Malasakit"


Reception Concerns

Planning and Coordination Services / About us

  1. How do you handle OTD wedding?

    We basically use 10 forms. These forms serves as guide for the couple so they would know what are the details that they need to know. These forms are arranged in sequencial manner because these serves as our script for the entire wedding production. These are also preformatted so that couple will just fill in the informations.  The rest will be finalized during the meetings

    Meetings is unlimited until the couple feels confident about the event.

  2. How long have you been a planner/coordinator and how did you start?

    We started in 2006 with the invitation of my highschool friends. We started handling our friends weddings. 

    Then eventually through referals such as the Bride/Groom Sister's wedding, the Bestman's wedding, the cousin of the couple. the Children of our couple and the parents of our couple, guest of the couple etc etc etc..:D

  3. How many coordinators are present during an event?

    For 100-150 guest i give 5 coordinators.  if the number of guest increase we add coordinators.  Because we maintain a ratio for example 1 coordinator=4tables, also depending on the requirement of the event.

  4. How many consultations do you give for OTD?

    Unlimited :D

  5. How many crew meal do you require from a client?

    Usually 2 meals a day per coordinator with equivalent amount of P250/meal

  6. How many hours do you render in a wedding?

    Base on contract it is usually 10 hours. But if we exceed by 1 hour its okei. we dont charge na.

  7. Do you have uniforms and radios or walky talky?

    Yes we do have uniforms and each coordinators have radios and cellphones with headsets

  8. Do you have utility kits?

    Yes we do have utility kits such as: Sewing Kit, Make Up Kit for bride n Groom retouch, Hair Kit, First Aid Kit, Medicine Kit, School and Art Supplies, We also store  candies and biscuit in our bags.  And water for the couple.

  9. Do you charge travel expense?

    We have out of town charges.  Also we ask clients for gas allowance for ocular. These are stipulated in the contract.

  10. How to make reservation?

    We just require 30% of the total package price as down payment, The rest is payable in terms and/or the full payment is on the wedding day.

  11. Is rehearsal included in the package?

    For On The Day Coordination it is not included but for the Partial and Full Coordination it is,  The client will just need to provide meal and gasoline allowance.

  12. Is taking care of legal documents or church requirements part of your Full/Partial coordination

    Partially yes. The couple is the one in charge of completing the documents while we can file it in the church or municipality.  However, incidental cost like transpo, meal and fees will be charge to the client.

Back to top

Wedding Requirements

  1. What are the requirements in applying for a Marriage License

    Marriage License: a requirement for either a Civil or Church wedding to beheld in the Philippines.

    Application Form for a marriage license must besecured at the Local Civil Registrar from the city, town or municipality where either the bride or the groom habitually resides.

    Personal appearance oft hose getting married is required in applying for a marriage license.

    Each of the contracting parties shall file separately a sworn application for each license with the proper local civil registrar. Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the Application to the issuance of the marriage license.

    The license is valid for 120 days from dateof issuance and may be used anywhere in the Philippines.

     At the time the contracting parties appear to file their application for a Marriage License to the local civil registrar, he or she must also submit the following supporting documents:

     1. Birth Certificate - Certified True Copy required of each the contractingparties with the respective registry number. This document is issued by theNational Statistics Office (NSO).

    NOTE: NSO now provides a web service which accepts online application forcopies of birth and marriage certificates. It is called the e-Census, a webfacility aimed to provide Filipinos within and outside the country analternative means in applying for copies of their civil registry documents. Italso has a 24-7 hotline called the NSO Helpline Plus with telephone no. (632)737.1111.You could also reach them via email through: [email protected]

     2. Parents' Consent (for 18-21 years old) or Parent's Advice (for 21-25years old): Under Philippine law, the legal age for marriage is 18. If thecontracting parties are between the ages of 18 and 21, they must presentwritten consent to the marriage from their father, mother or legal guardian.While any contracting party between the age of 22 and 25 must present writtenparental advice, i.e., a written indication that the parents are aware of thecouple's intent to marry. Read Parental Consent vs. Parental Advice for adetailed discussion on the difference between the two terms.

    3. Certificate of Attendance in a pre-marital counseling and family planningseminar conducted by the Division of Maternal and Child Health at theMunicipal/City Hall in the same municipality or city where the contractingparties applied for the marriage license.


    FOR FOREIGNERS: Philippine law requires a citizen or subject of a foreign country to obtain a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage. It is issued by the diplomatic or consular offices of his or her country, prior tothe issuance of a marriage license in the Philippines. This serves as aclearance or permit from the consul as an actual proof of the subject’s civilstatus and his/her eligibility for marriage.


  2. How to obtain an Immigrant visa for an alien spouse?

    1. File the Immigrant Visa Petition: The Petition Form I-130 for animmigrant visa for an alien spouse should be filed at the INS office nearestthe Petitioner's place of residence. Only a U.S. citizen who is also a residentof the Philippines may file the petition at the INS office at Room 1036 of theU.S. Embassy in Manila. All others MUST file the petition at the INS office inthe United States closest to his or her residence.

    When filing the petition, the following documents must be submitted:

    a. a certified copy of the marriage certificate

    b. proof of U.S.citizenship

    c. a certified copy of evidence of termination of any prior marriage(s) foreither spouse, if applicable, and

    d. $75.00 or its equivalent in pesos, to cover the statutory fee for filingthe petition.


    2. Obtain the Immigrant Visa: When the approved petition is received by theimmigrant Visa Branch of the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Manila, itwill notify the foreign spouse and provide guidance concerning the subsequentsteps to be completed in order to obtain a visa. The applicant must obtain apassport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate,affidavit of support, photographs, and medical examination according tospecifications provided in the instructions. The visa is good for four monthsfrom the date issuance.

    It can take anywhere from two to four months from the date the petition isapproved by INS to the date of the issuance of the immigrant visa. If a fieldinvestigation is required, the time period may be even longer. Therefore, aU.S. citizen should not plan to take the alien spouse back to the United Statesimmediately following the marriage. The non-resident US citizen spouse shouldbe prepared to leave the alien spouse behind to complete the requireddocumentation.

    Because of the time involved in processing the petition and the applicationfor an immigrant visa, those individuals living in the Philippines onassignment, either government or private, are advised to initiate the requireddocumentation for their spouse's and/or step-children's visas as far in advanceof the anticipated rotation date as possible.

    Note: A separate visa petition must be filed by the U.S. citizen spouse foreach child of the alien spouse under the age of 18 at the time of the marriagewho wishes to immigrate to the United States. Those children 18 years of ageand older at the time of the marriage must be petitioned by the alien spouseafter he or she becomes legal permanent resident in the United States. UnderU.S. immigration law, only step parent'schildren under the age of 18 at thetime of their natural parent's marriage to a U.S. citizen are considered a“child” of the U.S. citizen for immigration purpose.


    Fiancée Visa

    It is possible to file a petition for an alien to enter the U.S. as thefiancée of an American citizen. The procedure is similar to the procedure forfiling a petition and obtaining an immigrant visa for an alien spouse although,fiancée petitions must be filed in the INS office within the U.S. nearest tothe petitioner's residence. The petitioner will be asked to submit evidence ofhis or her U.S. citizenship and evidence that he or she has met the fiancée inperson within the last two (2) years. He or she may also be required to presentevidence of the bona fide of the relationship with the fiancée.

    When approved, the petition will be forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Branchof the U.S. Embassy in Manila. The Philippine fiancée will subsequently beprovided by the Embassy with instructions on how to proceed with his or herfiancée visa application. Again, the time period from the date the petition isapproved by INS to the date the visa is issued is approximately two to four monthsand can be longer if a field investigation is required.

    The fiancée visa grants the fiancée six months from the time of issuance toenter the U.S. Upon entry, the fiancée has ninety days in which to marry thepetitioner. Once the marriage has taken place, the alien spouse can apply toadjust status to that of legal permanent resident at the INS office nearest tohis or her place of residence.

    Note: U.S. immigration law concerning the children of an alien fiancée isnot the same as that concerning the children of the alien spouse. The U.S.citizen fiancée does NOT have to file a separate petition for each of the alienfiancée's unmarried children under 21 at the time the alien fiancée enters theU.S. The U.S. citizen only needs to indicate the names and date of birth of thechildren in the appropriate block on the petition for alien fiancée. Thechildren will automatically be included in the petition. Unmarried childrenover the age 21 can be separately petitioned by the alien fiancée after he orshe has adjusted status in the U.S. to that of legal permanent resident.


Back to top

Church Concerns

  1. What are the Church Requirements for a Filipino-Filipino Marriage?

    NOTE: Other Churches/Parishes may requiresome other documents and/or seminars not specified below. To be sure, inquireat the parish office of the church you wish to be married in.


    1. Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates: These relates to both the bride's and thegroom's. These must be new copies and must have an annotation: "FORMARRIAGE PURPOSES ONLY" and must have been secured not more than three (3)months before the date of marriage.


    FOR MIXED MARRIAGE (different religions or Disparitas Cultas): adispensation must be secured from the Archdiocesan Chancery Office at theArzobispado de Manila, 121 Arzobispo St., Intramuros, Manila (near ManilaCathedral). The forms will be provided at the Parish Office which will be releasedafter the canonical interview with the Parish Priest or his assistant. Thesehave to be submitted one week before the wedding.


    2. Marriage License: This can be securedfrom the city or municipality hall where either the bride or the groom currentlyresides.

    For those who are civilly married, a certified true photocopy of the Marriage Contract with the registry number of the city or town where the marriage was performed must be submitted one week before the wedding date.


    3. Canonical Interview: This interview withthe bride and the groom will be done one month before the wedding date and willbe conducted by the parish priest or his assistant. The schedule of theinterview will be given upon the signing of the application form. Failure toreport on the interview date or failure to notify the office of any change inthe schedule will mean cancellation of the application and reservation of thechurch for the upcoming wedding.


    4. Pre-Marriage Seminar: Both the bride andthe groom have to attend this. The schedule for the seminar will be givenduring the canonical interview or you may inquire at the parish office. Somechurches may allow attendance in other pre-wedding seminars such as theCatholic Engaged Encounter (CEE) or Discovery Weekend (DW) as a suitablesubstitute (if you have already attended either one of these, inquire at theparish office if they recognize either CEE or DW in lieu of their Pre-MarriageSeminar.)


    5. Permission from bride's parish: a permitfrom the parish of the bride-to-be must be secured and presented to the parishoffice of the couple's chosen ceremony venue. The form will be provided by theparish office of your chosen church.


    6. Marriage Banns: These will be providedduring the canonical interview and have to be immediately brought to therespective parishes of the bride and the groom for posting. These have to bereturned to the office after three Sundays. (Note: the respective parishes mayask some requirements for the posting of the banns [i.e. a ID picture from thebride and the groom])


    7. List of names and addresses of principalsponsors (Ninongs & Ninangs): This has to be submitted to the parishoffice one week before the wedding date. Church policy requires at least a pairof sponsors and, ideally, a maximum of six sponsors.


  2. What are the Church Requirements for a Filipino-Foreigner Marriage

    1. Clearance: Foreigners who wish to applyfor marriage with a Filipino citizen must first secure clearance from the Archdiocesan Chancery Office at the Arzobispado de Manila,

    121 Arzobispo St.,Intramuros, Manila (near Manila Cathedral).

    This clearance must be submitted tothe Parish Office upon filing of application for the wedding. 

    2. Baptismal Certificate: This must theoriginal and obtained not more than three months from the wedding date. It musthave the annotation: "FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSE ONLY." This is arequirement for BOTH bride and groom whether they are Catholic or not.

     3. Certification of Freedom to Marry:This can be obtained from the Catholic Pastor, Protestant Minister or theEmbassy of the foreigner.

     4. Marriage License: This can beobtained from the civil authorities; or a Marriage Contract if already marriedwith the civil registry number.

     5. Permission and Certification of Singularity: This can be obtained from the parish of the bride if she isCatholic. CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) may also be obtained atthe National Statitics Office in leiu of this.

    6. Marriage Banns: These have to beposted for three consecutive Sundays.


  3. Any additonal requirements for special cases for Filipino-Filipino Marriages?

    for widows or widowers: A copy of the death certificate of the former spouse must be presented to the parish office.

    for Renewal of Vows: remember to bring acopy of the Catholic Marriage Contract.


  4. Any other requirements for Special Cases for Filipino-Foreigner Marriage?

     For Military personnel: a Military clearance has to be secured from the base military authorities specifically from the immediate Commanding Offices ONLY if any of the parties belong to themilitary.

     For Non-Catholics: A certification ofhis/her legal capacity to marry. Has to be obtained from his/her embassy orfrom the country of origin.

    For Mixed-Marriages: A dispensation from the impediment of mixed marriage/religion (Disparitas Cultas) has to be obtained if necessary. 

    Widow and Widower: The death certificate ofthe former spouse has to be presented to the parish office.

    For Divorced parties: A document of theDeclaration of Nullity promulgated by the Catholic Memorial Tribunal or a certification from the Bishop of the party that he/she is free to marry has to be presented to the Archdiocesan Chancery Office for authentication and clearance.

     For Japanese citizens: A clearance mustbe obtained from Fr. Toru Nishimoto, CSSR. His office is at Traveller's LifeBldg., T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila.

    For Chinese citizens: A clearance must be obtained from Msgr. Peter Tsao, SVD. His office is at the St. Jude Parish, J.P.Laurel St., San Miguel, Manila. Tel No.: 735.6408.

    For other nationalities: Ask your respective embassy here in the Philippines for any requirement needed before getting married wih a Filipino national. A complete listing of Foreign Embassies in the Philippines is posted at the Department of Foreign Affairs' Diplomatic and Consular List (countries are listed alphabetically).


  5. How to Get Married in the Philippines if You are a U.S. Citizen ?

    (article origianlly appeared in

    The U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, states that the requirements forgetting married in the Philippines, if you are a U.S. Citizen, are as follows:

     Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage

    Philippine law requires a citizen or subject of a foreign country to obtain a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, issued by the diplomaticor consular offices of his or her country, prior to the issuance of a marriage license in the Philippines.

    As American consular officers are specially prohibited from certifying thatany U.S. citizen has the capacity to marry, the Philippine government has agreed to accept as substantial compliance with the Philippine law, an Affidavit in Lieu of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (“affidavit”;). The Affidavit attests to the absence of any legal impediment to the marriage and is sworn to before an American consular officer. Therefore, U.S. citizens wishing to marry in the Philippines must appear personally before a consular officer,either at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or the U.S. consulate in Cebu City andcomplete the Affidavit concerning their own capacity to marry. There is a$10.00 service fee, subject to change, for the notarial service.

     At the time a U.S. citizen appears to execute the Affidavit, he or she must present the following:

     1. Proof of Citizenship Examples of sufficientevidence of U.S. citizenship are:

    a. current registration as U.S. citizen at the Passport and CitizenshipOffice of the Embassy or at the Consulate

    b. a U.S.passport

    c. a birth certificate issued in the United States or a record of birthabroad issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, together with identificationbearing a picture or a physical description or

    d. a Certificate of Naturalization.

     2. Evidence of Termination of Previous Marriage(s)If the U.S. citizen has been previously married, evidence oftermination of the previous marriage, such as a certified copy of the final decree of divorce or annulment, or a certified copy of the death certificate ofthe deceased spouse must be submitted.

     3. Parents' Consent or AdviceUnderPhilippine law, the legal age for marriage is 18. If the contracting parties are between the ages of 18 and 21, they must present written consent to themarriage from their father, mother or legal guardian. Any contracting party between the age of 22 and 25 must present written parental advice, i.e., a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry.


    4. Military Approval an active member of the United States Armed Forces wishing to execute the Affidavit must present aletter of approval of the marriage from the appropriate military authority.Military personnel NOT assigned in the Philippines are also required to obtaintheir authorization from their respective commanding officer. Military membersare encouraged to plan well in advance of the intended wedding date and todiscuss the requirements with their own command personnel office.


    Marriage Procedure

    The procedure to marry in the Philippines isas follows:

     1. Secure the Affidavit in lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage from the American Service Branch of the U.S. Embassy inManila or from the U.S. consulate in Cebu City. If both the bride and the groomare U.S. citizens, each one must obtain an Affidavit.

     2. Apply for the marriage license at the Local Civil Registrar fromthe municipality where either the bride or the groom habitually resides. Thedocuments necessary for the marriage license are:

    a. the Affidavit for the U.S.citizen bride or groom.

    b. the death certificate or divorce decree which shows the termination ofany previous marriage(s) of the bride and/or the groom

    c. the birth, baptismal or residency certificate for the Filipino bride orgroom, and

    d. the parental consent or advice, if either party is under age.

    e. Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of theApplication to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for120 days and maybe used anywhere in the Philippines.

    f. Present the license to a person authorized to perform marriageceremonies, such as judge, justice of the peace, priest or minister ofreligion.

     3. Passport Amendment - a female U.S. citizen may have her passport ammended to indicate her married name. She should bring her passport  and a certified true copy of the Marriage contract to the Passport 7 Citizenship Office of the U.S. Embassy in Manila or the U.S. Consulate in Cebu City. This amendment is not obligatory and there is no fee for this service.

  6. What is the use of a unity candle?

    Unity candle is really a practise of Christian wedding not Catholic.  It is a a big candle that is being lighted by the couple. Not all Catholic Churches allow this practise. Soif your a Catholic Couple and wanted to do this on your ceremony make sure you have the approval of your church.

Back to top

Entourage Concerns

  1. Who will provide the Gown of the Entourage?

    Usually couple provide the gown for the entourage but its now common that the couple and the entourage share on the expenses.

  2. What are the common role of a bridesmaid & groomsmen?

    Usually in the ceremony bridesmaid and groomsmen doesn't have any role unlike the Secondary Sponsor ( Veil, Cord, Candle ) , What I suggest to the couple is assign the bridesmaid and groomsmen as offeror.

Back to top

Reception Concerns

  1. How do you handle gate crashers?

    We discuss this with our client during our detailing.  What ever instruction we got from the client we will obey. We give them scenarios and let them decide.

Back to top